WHY WOULD THERE BE OCCASIONAL HESITATION WITH ACCELERATION?

1994 Buick Roadmaster • 140,000 miles

There have been a few problems with this vehicle, but the most recent is after obtaining a new battery the vehicle's lights and the sound from the radio, along with the speedometer would "pulse" at certain times. Not any particular thing would instigate it, or make it stop. Then after a few months it started having issues with acceleration usually after a particularly bad case of the "pulsing". It would do it once, or 10 times, then eventually "catch" and drive normally. I thought it seemed like an oxygen sensor, however it seems to be closely related to the "pulsing" so now I don't know what it could be.
Trina2012

I would have the alternator tested and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight.

The alternator was tested when the battery was, and then after the battery was replaced and it is fine. The cables are like brand new, the only other issue with the battery was the ground wire needed to be tightened which a mechanic that did some other work told me he did.

Trina2012
I would still check the negative and postive battery cables I have seen most of the inside of the battery cables all corroded up and show no signs of corrission on the outside.

I will do that tomorrow morning then, thank you for your assistance : )

Trina2012
Your welcome let me know what you find.