BUICK CENTURY TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM

1994 Buick Century • 80,570 miles

My heat gauge doesnt work, put in a new sending unit had gauge out put in new one when turn on switch the needle goes to the left [backwords] a little bit what can I do to make it work.

IS THIS YOUR SENDING UNIT?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Equus-Electrical-temperature-gauge-sender/_/N-269r?itemIdentifier=39179_0_0_

IF IT IS, YOU CAN TEST THE GAUGE OPERATION BY.......

TURNING ON THE KEY

REMOVE THE WIRE OFF OF THE SENDERTHEN TOUCH THE WIRE TO A GOOD GROUND

YOUR BUDDY INSIDE YOUR CAR SHOULD SEE THE NEEDLE RISE TO THE TOP---NO NEED TO KEEP IT GROUNDED, ONCE YOU WITNESS THE RISE

THIS WILL VERIFY THE GAUGE DOES WORK

IF THE GAUGE SHOWS GOOD, IT'S MOST LIKELY A BAD SENDERI'VE EXPERIENCED THIS WITH MY '77 JEEP CJ 5, AFTER 4 NEW SENDERS FROM 2 FROM ONE STORE AND 2 FROM ANOTHER, I THOUGHT, "SURELY, ONE OF 'EM WAS GOOD?"

THEY WERE INEXPENSIVE FOR MINE--LESS THAN $10 EACH, MAYBE LESS THAN $5

THIS WAS OVER A SEVERAL MONTH SPAN OF TIME---I HAVE A "2ND" TEMPERATURE GAUGE, IT'S MECHANICAL AND WORKS FINE (IT HAS ACTUAL NUMBERS--NOT JUST "H" AND "C" LIKE THE ORIGINAL)

SO IT WAS NOT "CRITICAL" TO GET THE ORIGINAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE IN MY SPEEDOMETER CLUSTER WORKING---I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE EVERYTHING WORK!

I PICKED UP THE 5TH TEMPERATURE SENDER AT NAPA AUTO PARTS---WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

I RECKON IT'S THE MANUFACTURER THAT MIGHT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE SOMETIMES