ACURA LEGEND ENGINE PROBLEM

1994 Acura Legend • 124,000 miles

The cooling fans on my 1994 acura legend come on when I start the car and remain on the entire time that the engine is running. When I shut the engine off the fans shut off. I know they should not operate all the time whats wrong.
Big beano

Well, than isn't the way I understand the attached so please review and see what you see. Also, the second your AC swithc is on AC the fans will run. Eng hot or not. Also this model shows the fans may run if key off. If after you review you want to check out some things let me know and I can send you some tests for fan control module and unit.

ImpalaSS
Thanks impala SS for your reasponce. My problem is this: every morning when I turn the key to the on position I havent even started the car and the air condition is off both fans start turning at high speed and remain running that way after I start the car and as long as the car is running and as long as the electrical source is powered on. Only when I shut the car off do the fans stop- running. They do not turn automatically when the car is shut down. So if I am driving 5 min to the store or 3hr on the hwy those fans are running all the time. I know this isnt right and eventually those fan motors will fail and I will have to replace them. Where do I start with regards to fixing this problem. I dont think they have been rigged to do this at least I dont see any additional wires running to tthe battery. Etc. Something is sending the wrong signal. Can u help me? I dont want to burn out the motors and have to replace the fans.

Thanks for your help I wait for your responce

pat

Big beano
Thanks for getting back with me. We are having some difficulty and once I hit send - unless you reply I can't get back to you unless you reply to me.

Thus - you answered my question I was wanting to get back to you with. The way I understand the car is first thing in the morning with AC off etc. Engine cold, those fans shouldn't turn. Once the car is warm, even if shut off, the fans can come on UNTIL the car reaches a certain temperature and then they shouldn't come on again - but you say they do.

So we can start looking deeper please let me know if you have the L, LS or GS model, engine size in liter and 8th digit of your VIN.

Once I get that I will send you some checks you can do and if I can't narrow it down to the problem I will get with one or more of the other moderators to assist.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

ImpalaSS
Hi impala SS Big Beano here. Sorry for the delay I was going head to head with a flu bug that kicked the you know what out of me. Anyway here is the info you requested.

1994 legend L model
3.2 liter V six
the 8th digit in the vin is a 6 that includes counting the letters.
If I take out the letters the 8th digit is a 7 you know which one you need

also I have standard air-conditioning not climate control if that matters.

I am also the one who has the situation where the engine starts to heat up whenever I start to take a grade on the hwy. I turn on the heater and the temp stops climing. When I crest the grade the temp goes all the way back down to normal I turn the haeter off and it remains there as long as I am on level hwy. Around town in stop and go traffic no problems. You mentioned I might need to remove the radiator and have it cored to remove any blockage. Which I will do. Thanks for your help I wait fro your responce
Big Beano

Big beano
Hope you are feeling better. Even though the fans are turning, here is the check out for them.

ImpalaSS
Here is the check out of the radiator fan control sensor

ImpalaSS
Here is the check out for the Radiator Fan control module

ImpalaSS
Here is for the Radiator Fan contorl Unit

ImpalaSS
Other things that can cause the temp to rise is a defective radiator cap or thermostat.

ImpalaSS