94 LS TIMING BELT?

1994 Acura Integra • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 138 miles

Yesterday my car's idle was idling kind of rough, I thought nothing of it but had a little bit of concern but I had to get to work, so on my way there I heard a faint noise then it started getting louder and it sounded as if something were loose, then I started smelling a rubberish smell, then my cars idle started acting up and then dropped and my car died, I had to start it up to pull over and as I did that too drive a couple more seconds, something on the timing belt side started smoking white smoke, it was only for 2 seconds and then it stopped. I'm thinking I jumped a timing belt tooth. Anything else that could compensate for these symptoms?
MisterDB8

Timing belts do not results in smoking abd rubberish smells. The problem would most likely be due to the drive belts, A/C compressor, alternator or crank pulley.

Get them checked.

I found out the problem, timing belt tensioner was very loose and the alt belt and timing belt were rubbing together to make the noise and smell, valves did not bend, thank god, comp. Was low enough to where they did not bend.

MisterDB8
The timing belt is inside the cover, how did it rub against the alternator belt?

There is no cover on it

MisterDB8
Wow, without any timing belt cover, you have to be prepared for the timing belt skipping if any foreign materials were to get between the belt cogs and sprockets.

Good luck.

Yeah, I'm going to go get one now. When I got the car 2 months ago, it didn't come with one

MisterDB8