THE ABS LIGHT ON MY CAR WAS ON

1994 Acura Integra • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 82,000 miles

1994 Acura Integra mileage: 82,000. The ABS light on my car was on so I brought the car to the mechanic and he said he didn't know why it was on so he unplugged the ABS. I thought that would help the breaks sound better, but they are getting worse they squeak and make a grinding noise when I stop short. Do you think I need new breaks? If so, how much do you think they will cost, for front and back?
2CarPros-Archives

The ABS (antilock breaking systems) light will light when there is a malfunction in the braking system. The fault code is then stored in the computer. The computer must be scanned to retrieve these stored faults to pinpoint the malfunctioning component. The grinding and squeaking noise is probably caused by the brake pads being worn down (metal to metal contact). Inspect the brakes ASAP. The cost will should not be too bad go to eAutoPartStore. Com to find most Acura rotors. The cost of the rotors is about $28.00 each and the pads are about $26.00 total cost about $82.00. At a repair garage for the same job, out the door about $340.00.

2CarPros-Archives