ORANGE FLASHING " W " ON INSTRUMENT LIGHTS

1993 Volvo 850 • 62,000 miles

During recent ride, (which was after installing NEW battery ), the flashing "W' appeared. Some years ago, had 740 & '96 850 OVERDRIVE / WINTER relay involved. No longer have my 'service notes' (how resolved or even Relay designation to try substitution. Your thoughts PLEASE... S/ Bernie have cycled the 'WINTER' switch numerous times, no change.
K3cxcbernie

Try reading codes. Under the hood on the right side behind the right headlight area is 2 small boxes A&B put the pin connected to the A box cover in hole #A1, key on and press the button on the A box and hold for 1-3 secs. They light will flash. For example 2 flashes, pause, 3 flashes, pause, 2 flashes. Press the button again and it will either flash the same code or a different one, do this till it flashes the first code again. At that point you have got all the stored codes.

Fixitmr