TOYOTA COROLLA CLICK PROBLEM

1993 Toyota Corolla • 122,000 miles

Hello
I want to know why my parking break works different in different times? I mean some times I can pull the parking break with 3-4 click and it locks, and some times it must be pulled over 5 clicks(6 or 7) until it blocks the rear wheels!
The rear break pads are replaced recently and I know they are not old and thin.
I want to know why I see this different conditions of my parking break and what should I do?
Thank you so much
H. Ebrahimi

IF you apply the hand brake with your foot on the pedal you can get an extra click or two are you doing this, but really if it is holding there is no real problem with pulling an extra click or two anyway.

Mhpautos
So thanks of your answer but I'm not sensitive on one or two extra click, I'm surprised of different numbers and conditions of parking break.
There is no problem if in this condition of my rear break pads I can hold the car normally by 6 click. But it is different. Some times holds by 4 click and in other street may hold by 7 click! What does it mean?
Thank you so much

Ghatmail
One would really need to examine the brakes first hand, what is happening is that I feel that the shoes are not retracting all the way every time the hand brake or foot brake is applied, something may be binding up and this is why the lever extends a little extra on some applications, someone will have to examine the rear brakes and check that he cables are not binding up a little, if you are concerned I would start with the cables.

Mhpautos