REMOVING EGR VALVE AND REPLACING WITH METAL GASKET ON 93

1993 Toyota Camry • 4 cylinder Automatic • 209,000 miles

I have a possibly bad EGR Valve that hasnt been removed from the car yet, but, if and when I remove it and it IS bad.

. How I would go about removing the EGR Valve entirely and replacing it with a metal gasket to bypass it entirely?

. And is this even a good idea?

. This is based on the event that I get the EGR Valve cleaned, reinstalled, and no change in the car. {To avoid the cost of replacing the EGR Valve for $180, it has been suggested to simply remove the EGR Valve all together.}
AlexandersMama2010

By removing the ERG you stand the chance of failing your next smog inspection, you may also get ERG fault codes up that will never go and the MIL may not turn off, the engine was designed for the valve, you really should be replacing it.

Mhpautos
The EGR valve is an exhaust emission component it needs to be in place and funtional when due for emission testing no certificate will be issued

The EGR function is to reduce the combustion chamber lower than 2500F degs otherwise it will formed oxides of nitrogen Nox and will cause the engine to detonate/ping which is damaging to the engine

Overall you can remove it and put a template over it- or just try cleaning out the passages and pintle with solvent and bore brushes and see what happens

Please review the earlier inquiry if you can please....

1993 Toyota Camry 1993 Toyota Camry EGR Valve Removal Problems:
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1993-toyota-camry-removing-egr-valve-and-replacing-with-metal-gasket-on-93-toyota-camry

AlexandersMama2010
If I put a template over it, is it going to do more harm than good?

Can I go two weeks with a template over it without doing permanent damage?

AlexandersMama2010
As long as its not pinging you'll be fine test drive it and listen if its pinging