TOYOTA CAMRY STEERING PROBLEM

1993 Toyota Camry • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 180,000 miles

My car key wont come out, will turn to start ok, will turn off ok, but wont turn all way left and come out what should I do replace cylinder
Philcat

The interlock system can prevent the key from being turned to lock position if the gear shift getting the signal that it is in Park position.
Check the gear shift position and try wiggling it and see if you can turn the key to remove it.

Tried that still wont go to off position, is there anything else to try, or should take to mechanic and have checked shifter connections or something else, thanks phil

Philcat
At the ignition key and lock cylinder there is a solenoid with 2 wires, White/Black and Blue/Black. You would have to remove the steering column cover if you can't see the wire connector.

Unplug the connector and listen for a clicking noise and test if you could remove the key.

Can I just take cover around key clylinder off and pull iginition switch out and disconnect wires or do I have to remove steering cover off to get to them? Thanks phil

Philcat
Steering column cover means the cover around the ignition key cylinder.