WHICH WIRES ON THE MAF ARE FOR THE IAT

1993 Subaru Impreza • 144,000 miles

I am putting on a resistor chip, to see if it really improves my mileage, but I cant seem to find anyone who knows either where the IAT is or which of the 4 wires on the MAf are for the IAT
Pinooch07

For what engine liter? There's a couple of them-

1.8

Pinooch07
It appears it doesn't have one. You were just wasting your money anyway.

Wrenchtech
Looked at it again on the 1.8 which is the impreza-it doesn't have one-like Wrench said-

It does its in the MAF, so what could I do to improve power?

Pinooch07
No, it does not. I just looked at the PCM wiring and it does not have an IAT input.

Wrenchtech
Ok, sounds good, So what shall I do to improve power

Pinooch07
A minute ago it was mileage that you wanted to improve. Now it's power. They are completely opposite goals and if you get one, you lose the other. You have a computer controlled car. Other than keeping it well tuned, keeping the tires inflated properly and changing your driving habits, your only other option is a different vehicle but first decide whether it's power or fuel mileage that you are after.

Wrenchtech
You want a little power try this -use a 10K's ohms resistor on the coolant temperature sensor harness-There's a lot of ways to improve power but do you have the funding for it?

Sorry to confuse you, the reason I said that was because this "chip" was supposed to do both at the same time. I have already email the company for a return and refund, any car with AWD gets only moderate mileage. So im fine with getting a little worse mileage, but would like to get a little more power for take off.

Pinooch07
Page 1 of 2