BOOT LOCK KEEPS OPENING WHILE DRIVING

1993 Skoda Fabia • 92,000 miles

Lock keeps opening while driving
Shaun 2

Our database does not have any information on your vehicle so I do not know the system used.

Is the boot lock electrically operated by switch and remote? Try umnplugging the switch. If by remote, ensure the button is good. A bad switch under the button can self-trigger.

The car is not mine its is my partners and I am not sure if it is not a 92 plate. The boot is released by a handle which is down on the right hand side of the drivers seat. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

Shaun 2
I am sorry the car is on a 52 plate but not registered until 2003. The boot release is still by the side of the drivers seat. Sorry for the confusion

Shaun 2
For cable operated locks, you need to check the cable. There must be sufficient slack for the lath to lock correctly. Ensure the floor mat is not inteferring wih the release lever. If there are no problems with the above, the latch needs to be replaced.