SATURN SL1 ENGINE PROBLEM

1993 Saturn SL1 • 174 miles

*rebuilt engine about a year ago, me and my buddy do regular maintenance on it, was a complete disaster when I bought the car [500$] but we just finished about 3-4 weeks ago, been running like its off the lot]
Today I was driving to autozone to get oil for an oil change, on my way home my car died waiting at a red light, but my music was still playing, the engine turned off. Turned it back on like nothing happened. Got home, waited for my engine to cool off. Finished my oil change, as I went to drive off to pick up an air compressor. My car revs between 2-3k but has no power behind it and my check engine light came on [which has been off for 3-4 weeks] and it sounds like something is rubbing and kind of pulls while im driving. My other friend said it could be my torque converter. But hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer.

-Mark

We need the code both for now and the 3 to 4 weeks