PONTIAC GRAND AM DOOR PROBLEM

1993 Pontiac Grand Am • 103,000 miles

When I start my car and I let it idle for a few minutes, I want to run the heater. I have the temp at where I want it but it only blows out cold air. I know that the blower is working right but I cant seem to get it to blow hot air even when the car is hot from driving into town. What can the problem beeeeee.

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If they are both hot, the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by an electric motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.

Wrenchtech
Are the heater hoses hot? Do live in an extremely cold region? Could be problem with temp door under the dash.

As far as your engine, what is your normal operating temp, in degrees F?

Hello wrench, didn't see your post. Have a good day.

No problem. Have a great day.

Wrenchtech