SERP. BELT SMOKING ON A/C UNIT

1993 Plymouth Voyager • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

Working on a 93 plym. Voy. W/ A/C. I believe that the A/C doesn't work. After the engine runs for 30 sec.- 1 min. The serpintine belt starts to smoke on the A/C pulley. Could I just unplug it from the comp. To prevent the clutch from engaging?
Stroup175

The compressor is locking up. If you don't turn the AC on and it still happens, the bearing is out and the compressor needs replaced. They do make a bypass for the compressor. Basically, it is just a pully that bolts in place of the compressor. If the bearing is bad, it doesn't matter if the compressor is hooked up it will still do the same thing.

To if this you have to tight the ac belt as hard as posible I had the same problem with my car if will fix the problem if you tight it because if it is loose it will slip on the pulley causing the smoke of the belt sliding on the pulley

SAM FISHER
To fix* sorry for the error

SAM FISHER