ELECTRICAL

1993 Nissan Pathfinder • 6 cylinder 4WD Manual • 201,600 miles

My foglights, door/light chime and horn do not work. The foglights have a power wire running to the battery that has a fuse that keeps blowing. All other fuses are fine, including the horn. Can I test the horns with direct power and where is the unit controlling the door chime?
My83mustang

For the horn, you can apply battery voltage to the Light Green/White wire terminals to test them. Alternatively you can use a test lamp or voltameter to check for power at the Light Green/white wire when horn buttons are depressed.

Have you check/tested the horn relay?

If the fog light fuse blows only when the light is turned on, then you need to check the bulbs and wiring for shorting. Our database does not have any wiring circuit for the foglights so it could possibly be after market.

If the door lights are not working, the chime would not work. Check/test driver door switch for proper operations.

To KHLow2008: I found the wiring issue in the fog lights. For the horn, there is only one (white I believe) wire going to the horns. I checked the relay and there is power. What I meant by door light/chime is the chime that sounds when a door is open or the headlights are on does not work. Interior lamps work fine.

My83mustang
Unplug horn relay and use a fused jumper aross the terminals in fuse box to test if the horn works. If not, the horn is faulty or siring circuit from relay to horn is bad.

Warning chime is behind left kick panel.

The same thing happened to me after I installed some after-market fog lights. What I figured out was that I had hooked up the fog light backwards.I switched the wires now they work fine.

Drillinya