MERCURY TOPAZ ENGINE PROBLEM

1993 Mercury Topaz • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 98,000 miles

I have a 1993 Mercury Topaz 2.3 and it stopped on the highway and just turned off, autozone said that my battery is good. So I dont know what the problem could be. Under the hood was smoking to, as I came to a stop after it stopped. Can u help me please! I need to get my baby off the side of the highway! ASAP
Ponce1990

Where is the smoke coming from?You said the battery is good will the engine turn over and start or turn over at all?Have you checked the oil level?Was it smoke or steam you saw?Don't check it while its hot but is your coolant full?Does your oil look normal on the dip stick or does it look milky?Are your battery cables clean and tight?Your most likely going to have to have it towed somewhere.

I think the smoke was comibg from the motor. The engine WON'T turn over either, it gets all tje way there but just doesn't start. Oil light was on, I put 2 quarts in it. It was definitely smoke. Didn't have coolant, but I had water on hand, which I put in the radiator. I dont know about theoil stick, what if it is milky? I very much doubt my wires are clean or tight. Thank You very much for taking the time out to answer my question!

Ponce1990
Your baby refers to your CAR, right? If the engine cranks but dont start it will have to be checked for spark and fuel delivery. 1 or the other is likely not working. If it got to hot, then the spark module probably quit. If it dont crank, then electrical wires and connections and the starter have to be checked.

Fixitmr
If your oil is milky means there is water or coolant in your oil. So after you added 2quarts of oil is the oil full now?How low was it on coolant?Sounds like you could have blown the engine low oil low coolant.

If no spark is the problem first thing i'd check is the coil wire for failure. Known issue with fords! Also look for bad corrosion in the boots/ends of wire. And bad coil wire can cause coil to fail also.

Fixitmr
Yes, my car is the baby. Thank you, I cant explain how grateful I am!

Ponce1990
You need to take better care of the car if it's not too late! Always check your vital engine fluids regularly. Especially if they leak/ get low all the time.

Fixitmr
Keep us posted on what you find.

I think maybe the engine has blown out, what could I do for that?

Ponce1990
If that jas happened you would have to get used engine rebuilt one have yours fixed.