MERCEDES BENZ 500SEL CENTER CONSOLE PROBLEM

1993 Mercedes Benz 500sel • 90,000 miles

I am tring to remove the wood panel over the gear shift in orded toreplace the light bulb at the end of the mono filiment.
I also would like to replace the lights at the ac vent defucers on the dash
Thank you
Lorenzo
Larrywayneday

Do you have vedios of other repairs for sale or view?

Larrywayneday
Sorry for the delay.

It is not as easy as popping up the wood grain. The whole shifter or console has to be dis mantled to gain acess to the light.

As far as the ac lights, the control head has to be removed. If you have no expierence at this, I suggest letting someone do these operations for you as they are a bit involved.

Hello Roy
Thanks for the responce. I am a car guy and have replaced the engine and transmission in this car myself so I think with a little information I dont think the wood peice on the consol or the defuser lights will be beond my comprehenchin. Give it a shot. Explain it to me.

Larrywayneday
REMOVING AND INSTALLING SINGLE-PART COVER AT CENTER CONSOLE

Removing, installing
Risk of damage!
Do not use sharp-edged tools for removing!
The single-part cover (1) is provided with a moving catch (4) at the rear lock which has to be operated (pulled) with the removal tool (5) for
removing!

1 Remove radio
2 Remove pushbutton control module N22
3 Remove surround (2)
4 Remove trim panel (3) by taking out ashtray insert and slackening clamping screw Use right-angle screwdriver
5 Remove screws (arrows) in radio slot
6 Remove screws (arrows) in ashtray slot vertically downward
7 Use removal tool (5) to open or operate catch (4); raise cover (1) at rear at the same time with long wedge (arrow)
8 Raise cover (1) at rear, guide over selector lever dome and guide out at the top front with the two hooks at the center console
When installing, insert cover (1) with both hooks at top front and press on catch (4) at rear until it is heard to engage in center console
9 Unclip switch strip at top and unplug connectors at the cover (1)
10 Take out cover (1)
11 Install in the reverse order
12 Carry out operational check

Thanks Roy
Thats just what I was looking for
ld

Larrywayneday