RELEASED THE 2ND COAST BRAKE PISTON BY MISTAKE

1993 Lexus SC 400 • 90,000 miles

Hi
Got my transmission on the bench after installing a new valvebody solenoids and new accumulators.

Put it all together, today in a momentary lapse of concentration I released the snap ring and cover that hold in the 2nd coast brake piston and rod.

Is there anyway I can put this back in without opening the transmission up.

Can I just press the piston in with a press and install the snap ring, or am I forced to go in and release the brake band inside prior to putting the piston back in.

Many many thanks.
Gryphn

SEE PICS FOR INFORMATION, I HOPE THIS IS OF HELP.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the image, but this is the piston rod that pushes on the b2 coast brake band.

I removed the piston and piston rod from the outside of the trans. Can I just use a press to insert it against the band and clip the snap ring as above, or will I have to go in and release the band pin, insert the coast brake piston and then pin the band back into place

Gryphn
Ok my error, see pic for details, trouble is that they shoe the assembly during a full re build and not in the position you find your self, you may have to contact a transmission specialist for more details, the pic mentioned in the text is the same as you posted.

Mhpautos
May as well order new steels and clutches since I will be dismantling the transmission completely now.

Many thanks for your help.

Gryphn
Closing thread. Thank you for using 2carpros. Com

Rivermikerat