1993 Land Rover Other Repair Question
1993 Range Rover starter motor installation
The new starter motor arrived in the mail today, and I would like to take a shot at installing it myself as money is fairly tight right now.
Please note I am not a mechanic, but I am willing.
I was wondering if anyone had step by step instructions on how to detach the existing starter motor, and how to install the new one. Perhaps pictures/photos so I get a clear idea.
If you can assist I would be grateful.
Removal & Installation
1. Place vehicle on a suitable hoist.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Disconnect leads from the solenoid and starter motor. Remove exhaust heat shield. See Fig. 10 .
4. Remove the 2 starter motor to flywheel housing bolts.
5. Remove the starter motor.
6. To install, reverse removal procedure.
17,961 answers provided