OVER HEATING

1993 Isuzu Trooper • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 175 miles

19993 Isuzu trooper is over heating, the water pump is new, the radiator, is new, the clutch fan is new. However, I have notice that the clutch fan does not pull a lot of air when the car is hot, I have notice that in the morning it blows a storm, but after it gets hot it blows very little, and this is the 3rd clutch fan that I have change in the past 3 months the radiator cap is 15 psi and I removed the thermostat so it would run cooler but thats not even helping. Please help.
P.S the car is not loosing any coolant.

Machete cana

If there is no shroud around the fan, it won't work correctly. Check to see if it's there. It atatches to the radiator.

Yes it has a shroud, thats why I'm busting my head of what could be the problem, water is flowing good through the radiator, so the mystery continues?

Machete cana
If you have a shroud and it alsmost touches the fan then it should work. If you have one of those dandy little "bug screens" it cuts off 15% of the air flow to the condensor/radiator. Have the enginepressure checkedto see if you have a intake/head gasket problem. One thing you might check is to see if hte fan blade is on correctly and not trying to push the air through the radiator. It should pull the air. You can usea piece of toilet paper to check to see which way it's going.

NOne of the above, in the first qustion I stated that the fan blows a storm when the engine is cold, the problem is when it gets hot/warm is when the fan I have notice that it barely blows air, and this is the 3rd clutch fan that I have change the includes one on christmas eve, and the day after the car over heated. Please HELP!

Machete cana
The only thing I can think of is that the clutch fan you are getting/have is the wrongone. Clutch fan's only work until about 30 mph then they fee wheel. If it is overheating it may be a gauge or sending unit that isn't working correctly. If you have a way to mechanically test it like a thermometer that goes up to about 250 or so and see what the tem p actually is like that. Without physically looking at this it is hard to give a proper diagnosis unfortunately.

The engine is defenetly hot because you can hear the water bubling in the coolant reserv tank, furtheremore it spits out on the drain hose, and the clutch fan is from pep boys according to the computer that the right one. Please think and help me ! I dont know what to do. And I have to drive 25 miles to work with the car over heating, I'm afraid is going to blow a head gasket if it continues.

Machete cana
In addition to what we have talk about, I drive highway miles and the needle in the gauge could be normal while I'm driving and all of the sudden you can see it starting rise until it gets to maximum, then it drops a hair and it raises again and stays there until I pull over and let rest for while.

Machete cana
This may very well be an electrical problem. As in my last reply I said to have it mechanically checked as you have done everything that I could think of. Reread my last reply as I have no other suggestions to give you.