I HAVE A THAT ONE MORNING IT WOULDN'T START OR TURN OVER ALL YOU WOULD GET IS SEMI RAPID CLICKING FROM THE STARTER. I REPLACED THE ST

1993 Isuzu Rodeo • 165,000 miles

I have a 1993 Isuzu Rodeo that one morning it wouldn't start or turn over all you would get is semi rapid clicking from the starter. I replaced the starter and still the same issue. The battery is only about a year old and I have ensured the charge. Help. Thanks,
Bryan
Blamo289

Just because the battery is only a year old doesnt mean it cant be bad.I have seen batteries right off the shelf bad. Or last a couples days weeks months. Have the battery tested also make sure the battery cables are clean and tight.

You should have tested the battery first instead of replacing the starter. A jump start would have given you some indication. Symptom indicates a weak battery. If the battery is good after a recharge, you could have a failing charging system or there is a power drainage draining off the battery.

Thanks guys but, we did try jumping the battery first ( I didn't state that in the original message, sorry), and I just got back from Autozone and they tested the battery and said it is fine. Headlights, radio and all other electrical are working fine as well. The starter has the solenoid on it which is also new, so I am out of ideas. Help. Again?

Blamo289
Check the cable connections and ensure they are tight and secure. Clean and retighten if necessary.

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

Yes, I do have a multimeter.

Blamo289
Put the meter on low ohms scale like 200 ohms then put one lead on the negative battery post and the other lead on the engine block. What does it read?