HONDA PRELUDE SPARK PROBLEM

1993 Honda Prelude • 200,000 miles

Recently bled the clutch master cylinder. Took apart a connector to get to the clutch master cylinder. I forgot to reconnect the connecter before trying to start. Proceeded to try to start the car for the next week without any spark due to the unhooked connector. Oil now smells like gas. Spark plugs were fouled badly. I connected the connector and I left the spark plugs out over night and replaced the spark plugs with new plugs the following morning. I am going to change the oil and clean the injectors before trying to start again. If this does not fix the no start problem, my question is what else could the problem be?
Roberthorne

Did you try what I suggested? Add a small amount of oil to the cylinders to get some compression.

I will be trying it once I have changed the oil and cleaned the injectors. I will let you know.

Roberthorne
Good luck

Thanks. My thought is now that I fouled the plugs and washed the cylinders while flooding the engine with fuel. The car was running fine before this. I'm assuming I created this problem and changing the oil, spark plugs and returning cylinder pressure to normal ought to fix the problem. On a side note, when I was trying to start it earlier it would make a popping sound from the exhaust.

Roberthorne
Roy,
Changed oil. Cleaned injectors. Firing order is 1342. Spark plug wires hooked up for correct firing order. New spark plugs. Added a few drops of oil to combustion chambers. Has new piston rings. All seals and gaskets have been replaced within the past 20k miles. Same with the timing belt. Essentially a brand new motor. Still wont start. Makes a popping noise from the exhaust. Pulled plugs back out and they had oil on them. Battery is good. Starting with a fully charged jump pack as to save the battery. Ideas?

Roberthorne