GMC SIERRA FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1993 GMC Sierra • 290,000 miles

My 93 gmc sierra 4.3 ran out of gas and I put new gas into it and now it will not start, I checked the spark and it is getting fuel to the throttle body, it turns over about 10 times and then it wants to start but wont. Then try it agan about another 10 times and wants to start but wont. What could be the problem?
666chuck666

Is the fuel spraying outof he throttle body injectors when you are cranking it over?

Check one of the spark plugs for fuel fouling.

Get back to me on the results.

Freemba
Running out of fuel destroys a fuel pump as fuel is the lube for the pump motor.

Most likely will need a new pump.

Its sounds more like the fuel pump is fried due to lack of cooling, overheated and burned-up-I recommend don't wait for the low fuel level light to come on-fill it and keep going-

Its getting fuel up to the throttle body and the #1 plug is a little wet with fuel

666chuck666
And the fuel pump works fine I here it kicking in

666chuck666
Ileft it sit over night and tryed it agan today it sounds like it wants to start better then yesterday I took the plugs out and dryed them off and cleaned then gave it an oil change but still no luck I ! Anny more ideas annyone?

666chuck666
Thanks everyone for the ideas it was the spark plugs

666chuck666
Glad you got it fixed.

Just for the record; Simply becase a vehicle runs out of gas does not mean that the fuel pump is fried. People have been saying that for years. I personally have had a few vehicles to run out of gas (over the years) and never had a fuel pump to fail because of it. (Not saying that it never happens. But not as often as some will say). I would wager that more often that not people who have ran out of gas still found their fuel pumps were working once they put gas in the tank.

Freemba