BATTERY

1993 GMC Jimmy • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 130,000 miles

I have a 93 gmc jimmy im having problem with the battery staying charged put new battery in and a new allornator in
Whitewolf 03

Is it dieing while it's being used or after it has been parked for a while.

Wrenchtech
While it is running and then it will not start with out a jump

Whitewolf 03
I'd use a digital multimeter across the battery posts, everything off, note the reading. Start the vehicle take second reading across battery posts, the second reading should be higher than the first, if alternator is charging. If alternator isn't charging, the first thing I check is voltage at the L terminal for alternator.

Another possibility is a battery drain, with everything turned off. The first to check is for any lites left on, interior, under the hood, anywhere. Best time to check is in the dark. If that checks ok and the drain is on a fused circuit, take battery cable loose, use a testlite between cable and battery post, if the lite comes on bright, you have a drain. You pull/replace fuses one at a time. When you pull fuse on a faulty circuit, the lite goes out. Then you have to see what all is on that circuit. Go from there.

I don't suspect you have any kind of parasitic drain since your problems are occurring while the engine is running. There has to be some type of issue with the charging system.

Wrenchtech
Have the battery and alternator load tested if both okay start tracking wires

Thank you i'll check them

Whitewolf 03