CRANKS BUT WON'T START

1993 Geo Prizm

1993 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 146046 miles

My 1993 Geo Prizm cranks but won't start. The car was running fine until 1 day out of the blue the car just stopped running while driving down the highway. What I've done so far is replaced the spark plugs and then tested them, so I am getting spark into all cylinders. I cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor and I pulled each injector to see if it was clogged, they were'nt. Interestingly enough while the injectors were out I got a little gas down the cylinders and the car started and ran for about 5 seconds, so I shot a little hot start into the air intake and it did the same thing. I getting get fuel pressure up to the injectors but there not letting the fuel into the cylinders. I'm at a loss of what to do next.
Zuki35

Hi zuki35, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Lets check the fuel pressure if its within specs-should read 38-44 psi-if okay -crank engine over and listen to the injectors if they clicking if not the computer is not receiving an input signal to synchronize the injectors-could be the distributor pick-up coil, cam and crank sensors if applicable

Hi and thanks for your help on this. The gas pressure was fine, so I replaced the distributor because the pick-up coil and crank sensor are built in, and I got a good deal on a new one. The Geo Prizm started and ran with a slightly high idle for about 5 minutes and then the idle it kicked to where it sounded like it was going to die, so I gave it a little gas and it sounded like I was choking it, but then it did die and would not start back up. I welcome anymore suggestions? Thanks again Mike

Zuki35
Okay, clean out the idle air control valve and EGR valve t hen test the throttle position sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor

Hi I got a 93 prizm sedan 4 cyl nice car im trying to see how how can I get faster speed for this car at a cheap price or a part that aint as much thanks

Terrance22
How you clean a 93 prizm 4cyl sedan base egr and whats best way to keep fuel system clean

Terrance22