FORD F-150 ENGINE PROBLEM

1993 Ford F-150

We just put a used engine on the pickup. It has run very rough since then. We've put a new fuel pump on and a used coil.

What it does is that it runs very rough and will buck. For several days, it will run like that. Then another day it will still buck, then die. And once it dies, it won't start till it sets for awhile.
Trunkbranches

First, it would help if we new what motor we are talking about

did you check the basics? Compression, fuel pressure and spark> > did you tune it up before installing?

300 inline 6
Fuel pump changed new. I have no clue if the mechanic did compression check, fuel pressure. Would any of this be checked/done when the fuel pump was changed?

The engine is a used engine from a wrecking yard. Supposedly it ran well and was tested.

Trunkbranches
I never trust a junkyards word as they just want there money.

We need the exact pressure for fuel.

Check all the basics first before proceeding

roy

As a general rule, what could cause this type of thing? My father said that even though it fuel injected, he said he thinks it still has a form a carburetor. Dad suggest the soft plug on the bottom of the automatic choke could be gone.

Choking so the butterfly is closed?

Trunkbranches
Ok, I'll have to ask the mechanic about that. Fuel pressure.

I sure don't trust that junk yard, that is for sure.

Trunkbranches
I guess we will have to leave it at this for now, till we can get hold of the mechanic.
Can you email me if you think of something?

Thanks,
Peggy

Trunkbranches
Was your motor carb?

Fuel injection has no choke