AIR CONDITIONING DOESNT COOL CONSISTENTLY

1993 Ford Aerostar • 120,000 miles

I have a 93 ford aerostar and im trying to get the ac right it blows real cold sometimes and others pretty warm accelerating and deaccelerating effect it some but it doesnt seem to be situational. The charge is at factory specs and the low side switch is good I was told it may be the orifice tube. I purchased one but im not sure where it goes or if its the problem. My question is do you think thats the problem and how do I swap it out and if you think it isnt what do you think the problem could be
Biker rob

How do you know the charge is at factory specs?Also what is the high and low pressure readings at idle with the ac on?

I got the specs out of the haynes manual so its set to haynes specs I havent checked the pressures in a few weeks I did it several times over a month period to make sure there wasnt a leak. If I remember corectly it was 42ls and 160hs ambient temp was around 90 I believe

Biker rob
That pressure isnt bad but I was refering to how do you know you have the correct charge in the system?

Could be freezing up due to air and moisture forming into ice on the orifice tube blocking it off-try evacuating the system and see what happens-also do what been suggested by Sat9

The haynes manual for the van I picked up at the auto parts place and checked with a mechanic friend and internet research

Biker rob
There is no way I can tell you or a manual can tell you if its over or under charged from the pressure readings. Thats just not possible.

I recon I assume that the pressures I got were suggestions. Im not an auto mechanic especially on ac. If it was on a harley I could. Besides wehther the info I obtained is possible or proper im looking to find out the issue with the ac system

Biker rob
The pressures are used to diagnose problems with compressures orifice tubes restrictions etc. The pressures sometimes can suggest a over charge or under charge but isnt a given of this pressure is a over or under charge. Before any real diagnosing can happen you need have the ac system checked to make sure it has the correct charge amount.

Sounds good the other part of my question was where is the orphice located my manal failed to include that

Biker rob
Its located in the evaporator inlet line.

Page 1 of 2