REAR WIPER MOTOR REPLACEMENT

1993 Ford Aerostar • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 18,000 miles

How do you replace a 1993 ford aerostar rear wiper motor
Santo523

First, disconnect the battery. Remove the rear door panel. Remove the wiper arm from the outside of the tail gate. Next, disconnect the wiring to the motor. Chances are the motor is rivited into place unless it was already replaced once. You need to drill out the rivits, remove the old motor, and replace the new one using nuts, bolts and lock washers. Reverse the sequence to replace it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

PS: Are you sure the motor is the problem? Is there power to the motor and it still doesn't work?

I am pretty sure that it is the wiper motor be cause I already removed the rear door panel and the cover to the rear wiper motor and the gears were all broken (it was kinda my fault they broke) but I still don't understand how to remove the rear wiper motor

Santo523
It will be either bolted or rivited to the door. Can you tell me which it is?

The motor will either be bolted or rivited to the door. Can you tell me which one it is?

It is screwed on to the door. How do you remove the wiper arm? Can you be as specific as possible please thank you

Santo523
Okay, I'll do my best. The wiper arm is on a splined shaft from the motor. On the underside of the arm (where it mounts to the shaft) there is a small slide that prevents the arm from coming off. Pull the arm away from the window as far as it goes and then slide the the retainer slide away from the shaft. At that point, you can release the wiper arm and it should hole the retainer slide in place. Next, simply pull on the arm where it attaches to the shaft and it should come off. Take your time because sometimes the aluminum arm gets corroded to the steel shaft.

Let me know if this helps. If I can find pictures, I send them to you.

Can you send me picture so I am sure I know what I am doing thank you

Santo523
I'm sorry, but I don't have a picture, only directions. If you run into trouble, let me know and I'll try to help you.

Thank you I have replaced my rear wiper motor I would like to ask you another question

Santo523
Feel free to ask away.

Page 1 of 3