CAR WON'T SHIFT INTO SECOND. NOT SLIPPING AND NOT REVVING, BUT SEEMS TO COMPLETELY SLIP OFF GEAR.

1993 Dodge Caravan • 180,000 miles

I have a 93 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 L 6 cyl. 2 FWD. Before today I have had no transmission problems. I have been experiencing some what we hink are front suspension problems. Today when I was driving I acclerated from a stop sign and the car shifted into second gear (automatic transmission), but a few seconds later the car felt like it slipped completely off the gears and lost ALL power and sounded like it was continually trying to shift. I pulled the car over and turned it off. I could then turn the car back on and put it in reverse or drive, but once I tried to drive again the car drove fine in 1st gear, and then when it was time to shift to 2nd it seemed to slip off completely and maked sounds like it was trying to shift. No revving just shifting sounds. We checked the fluid level and added a little bit but with no avail. The car kept doing the same thing. It would drive in1st and then at 10 mph when it was to shift to 2nd it would try to and make a lot of noise but not do anything.
Zevamori

You have an internal; failure. It needs to come out and be rebuilt.