CHEVROLET TRUCK THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

1993 Chevrolet Truck

I have a c2500 with a 350/5.7 And I'm having a big time over heating problem. I'm wondering if it has to do anything with the heater hose that goes to the intake manifold. I have I going to the back of the manifold, should it be going to the front instead?

One to the water pump and one to the right front of the intake.

Check the head gaskets if you have big time overheating. You may have damaged them from this condition

Alright so by me having it going to the rear of the intake manifold, would that be my cause of overheating? The truck will spike to 240-260 and then all of a sudden I guess the thermostat opens and it goes right down to normal temp 195.

Mickolyzck90
No. It will not cause the overheating. There is another issue as bad thermostat or clogged radiator. Right now, my biggest concern is the heads and the head gaskets.

Blown head gaskets are a result of overheating, not the cause

My buddy tested the head gaskets with that die stuff and there still ok. I have gone through almost ten thermostats trying to figure this out. I have a brand new radiator and I recently redid the motor so the water pump is also newer. I have burped the piss out of this truck also. I'm positive there's no air in it. I even tried taking the guts out of a thermostat and it still over heats. When the truck is spiked at 260 I can take the cap off the radiator no problem when it should normally explode in my face. Also I have a new radiator cap as well. I'm stumped!

Mickolyzck90
I never trust the dye.

Inject air in each cylinder and see if there is any movement in te cooling system.

Running without a thermostat is no good either. You fry the back of the motor. You must have a thermostat in the system

A couple of people have said when I put the intake manifold gaskets on there are port holes that are blocked and they need to be open? I never did that if I remember correctly.

Mickolyzck90