WHITE SMOKE OUT TAILPIPES & OCCASIONAL STALL BUT FIRES RIGHT BACK UP

1993 Chevrolet Silverado • 221,500 miles

My k1500 has white smoke coming out the tailpipes when I start it. It eases up when driving but still smokes. It has a horrible smell and has smoked everytime I drive it. Engine sounds strong and starts every time but occasionally it stalls on take off. I just park it and start it right back up and it goes with no problem. Also, once I reach 45 it starts to make a sound like a motorcycle is behind me or an airplane and it rides a little rough so I slow down and the noise stops. My check engine light is on but I havent had it tested yet.

A18lewis

We will need the codes first, does the exhaust smell of rotten eggs?

Mhpautos
No, its not a rotten egg smell. Its more of a fume smell. Like gas or something. Also, when I put it in reverse it makes he yransition harder than what it should. I can feel it shifting into reverse and I feel like when I speed up its slightly hesitant.

A18lewis
Are there any spots on the ground

Yes, my neighbor said its from my four wheel drive housing? My radiator fluid is kind of clumPy/milky

A18lewis
Milky is not good. You need a leak down test to verify that you dont have a blown head gasket. A shop can do this for you. At least you will know for sure if you have major engine damage.