BLOWN FUSE, JUST OLD OR SHORT IN THE WIRES?

1993 Chevrolet S-10 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 219,000 miles

Gauges don't work, checked and the ignition/gauge fuse was blown, with this fuse blown would it result in my fresh battery losing charge even while running? Put in a new alternator and starts up first try. But over an hour or so of driving killed it. The battery was taken in and charged at shucks/o'reillys and they said it was fine.
could there be a short in the wire that blew the fuse? Also a couple weeks ago my "check gauges" lights appeared here and there.
Manwithas10

That fuse goes righ to the alternator and chargelight. If its' blowne then look for a short. It's a pink/black wire that goes to the alternator. You may have possibly installed the wires wrong on the alternator. Best thing to do is see if the alternator is charging by putting a volt meter on the large red wire coming off the alternator. With the engine running and it should be at least 13.5 volts while running. Check the ground by the right headlight on the header panel (where radiator bolts to)

I checked the pnk/blk wire and suspected a short, I checked it again right where it plugs in the alternator and nothing : ) so I unplugged it hooked my battery up turned the key to "start" and no fuse blew ! I have found where it is. (Should've checked there before I ruled it out because I got a new alternator)

thanks so much : )

Manwithas10