CHEVROLET CHEYENNE COMPRESSION PROBLEM

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne • 195,000 miles

Was driving home from work one day last week got a little hesitation then I got off the highway lost all power now I changed the distributor cap and rotor has fuel and spark and still wont fire up please help getting extremely frustrated thank you

If you have tbi fuel injection, can you see injector spray pattern, engine cranking?

Yes I can see spray pattern in the throttle body I just always thought if I had spark fuel and compression it should run if it jumped timing would that do it I am about out of ideas

Cowboysvt
What is litre size of engine? Can you check fuel pressure, around 10 psi? Yeah, timing could be an issue. Can you check cylinder compression? Does the rotor turn when you crank it?

4.3 litre I dont have the tools to check fuel pressure or compression and yes the rotor turns

Cowboysvt
Some of the national brand autostores will loan out a fuel pressure gage. You may have to put up deposit, but, you get it back when you bring the gage back. I don't know if they will loan out a compression tester, you can ask?

Can you check for applicable trouble codes? You should be able to check mil codes, yourself. You use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector. Turn key just till dash lites come on, no further. The mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.