93 3800 CRANKS BUT OWNT START

1993 Buick Lesabre • 120,000 miles

Ok, this is a friends and I dont know much about buicks. The car cranks over strong, theres spark. Cant say how good as it was late, dark, and raining when he called( used a screwdriver in a plug wire) and I went to see what I could do. He had drained the battery so I jumped it. It rolls over strong but acting like no fuel. He says this happened once last spring and the car had to sit for a few days before it would start, then didnt have a problem til tonight. One thing I did was disconnect the ground on the battery( and I cant even remember why, but there was a reason) and after I hooked it back up, it sputtered for a second then nothing.
any suggestions on where to start?
Tomsteve

Check fuel pressure first.

Im at 42 psi.

Tomsteve
Got it runnin. Unplugged the mass air flow sensor and the other 2 connections by it and it fired right up. Pulled the mass air flow sensor and cleaned it with mass air flow cleaner. Thinkin a new one is in order.

Tomsteve