BUICK CENTURY HEATER PROBLEM

1993 Buick Century • 150 miles

Today it was -6 when I started out this morning heater worked fine except blowing cold air, around 10: 00 am, the heater went off then came back on for a few seconds then went off and stayed off checked the inside fuse and it was ok tested it and my heater still won't work, is there another fuse or Relay and where is it located at?
Davejudd

When it stops working try tapping on the blower motor and see if it starts again. I believe it is under the hood passenger side of firewall. If it starts again you need a blower motor

Gmtech
Ok thank you, if it starts working again I need to replace it, but if it happens after I replace it then what do I do? Espesially if the motor is new or new rebuilt?

Davejudd
By you tapping the motor it loosens it up briefly. The motor should be new not rebuilt but most parts places you get a year warranty

Gmtech
I change the blower motor and still have no heater and when the wires were tested it showed now current present what now?

Davejudd
Try tapping the area again, either you have loose wiring or a bad relay. Stupid question though, if you could test the power at the motor after, why not before.

Gmtech
It was tested before at the factory and I tested the connection before I put it in but was told this is what the problem was so did it anyway when all I am looking for is where is the relay located at? Along with what it looks like?

Davejudd
In short where is the relay located at that would be my next step

Davejudd
It says under the hood at the front of the engine.

Gmtech
Does it give a location and what I am supposed to look for?

Davejudd