I HAVE A LIMITED 3.3 LITER V 6. THE SERPENTINE BELT HAS BEEN REPLACED SEVERAL TIMES DUE TO IT SHREDDING. I CAN NOT FIND THE PROBLEM, BUT WOULD THE TENSIONER PULLEY CAUSE THE BELT TO SHIFT? CAN I REPLACE THE PULLEY OR DO I NEED TO REP

1993 Buick Century • 102,000 miles

Belt shreds. Looks like it is shifting and hitting a bolt head on the water pump.
Marty0331

Inspect all pullies, tensioner and idler pully for any runout

Docfixit
IN OTHER WORDS---REMOVE THE BELT---THE PULLEYS SHOULD SPIN FREELY ON THEIR AXIS---BUT THERE SHOULD BE NO "SIDE TO SIDE" WOBBLE/ MOVEMENT ON THEIR SHAFTS/ AXIS----INSURE THE TENSIONER HAS NO SIDEWAYS MOVEMENT EITHER

SOMETIMES IF YOU GET BACK AND CLOSE ONE EYE (LIKE SIGHTING YOUR RIFLE) SOMETIMES YOU CAN SEE COMPARE THE PULLEYS AND MAYBE FIND A BENT BRACKET/ WORN SHAFT/ OTHER, ITEM THAT MAKES ONE OF THEM OUT OF LINE WITH ONE ANOTHER

KEEP US INFORMED

PS

I HAVE SEEN SOME PULLEYS PRESSED ON TOO FAR/ NOT FAR ENOUGH FROM THE FACTORY. EVEN "RIGGING" THE INCORRECT COMPONENT ON, JUST TO GET BY