WHY IS THE FOOT BRAKE PEDAL PRESSING ITSELF OUT/IN WHILE DRIVING?

1992 Suzuki Escudo • 100,000 miles

I don't see any brake fluid leakage around the hubs/wheels and the brake fluid canister is full. The brake foot pedal strains in/out when pressing as if it is moving itself?

Robin Schaedle

IF I'M READING THIS RIGHT?

THE PEDAL PULSATES YOU CAN FEEL IT WITH YOUR FOOT?

IF THIS IS THE CASE, CHECK YOUR BRAKE ROTORS THEY MAY BE WAVY OR WARPED. IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH, SOMETIMES YOU CAN PUT SOMETHING "FIXED" REALLY CLOSE TO THE ROTOR, THEN ROTATE THE ROTOR, SEE IF IT TOUCHES OR WOBBLES AS IT MOVES

Found the problem, but thanks for the info.
The brake pads released themselves from the metal brake shoes, guess they were old/and/or cheap.

Robin Schaedle
I LIKE THE ONES THAT ARE GLUED INSTEAD OF RIVETED

IF YOU LET 'EM GO TOO LONG, YOU DON'T HAVE 2 RIVET GROOVES CUT DEEP INTO YOUR DRUMS

I HAVE SEEN THEM TURN LOOSE LIKE YOURS DID, I THINK IT'S FROM BAD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES, LIKE THE SURFACES NOT PREPARED PROPERLY. SOME MIGHT SAY HEAT DOES IT.I RARELY SEE IT HAPPEN

I INSPECT MY BRAKES AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR

NOT SO HARD ON THE WIFE'S AND THE SPARE CAR, THEY BOTH HAVE FRONT DISC---MY 2 JEEPS HAVE DRUM ALL THE WAY AROUND, THE '46 IS KINDA DIFFICULT TO REMOVE THE DRUMS, THEY ARE PRESSED ONTO THE HUBS, THE HUBS HAVE TO COME ODD TOO

YOU NEED TO INSURE ALL OF THAT "EXTRA MOVEMENT" IN BRAKE TRAVEL DID NOT MAKE YOUR WHEEL CYLINDERS START LEAKING

GLAD YOU GOT IT FIGGERED OUT--COME BACK TO SEE US

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thanks a lot and seasons greetings.I think that the previously leaking wheel cylinder. The acid probably damaged the brake shoes especially because it is not riveted on. Happy new year in advance.

Robin Schaedle