SE BRAKES STICK

1992 Pontiac Transport • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 110,000 miles

1992 Pontiac Transport SE mileage: 110K. The front driver side brakes stick. I replaced the calipers and brake pads, and bled the brakes. That worked for a couple weeks, but then the same brake started sticking. I recently noticed that it sticks more when the air conditioner is on. I also noticed that when they start sticking, the amps go down in the van. Are my brakes sticking because my amps go down, or are my amps going down as a result of my sticking brakes? What can I do to correct the problem? My van has ABS and I am familiar with brake systems, but I cannot figure this one out.
2CarPros-Archives

Check the caliper slides for roughness. We have found some of the slides roughly machined which tends to cause them to stick. If they are rough, try emery paper to smooth them out. In addition, you should replace the caliper slide bushings. If your problem persists, try replacing the brake hoses.

2CarPros-Archives