PONTIAC FIREBIRD SPARK PROBLEM

1992 Pontiac Firebird • 220 miles

Here's whats wrong with it
it Backfires just by turning it over
the hotter the engine gets the more it backfires which makes it hard to do the timing
it will not accelerate at all as soon as I hit the gas pedal it sputters and dies
If I try and start it a few times it floods so I take out the spark plugs let it sit for a few hours and then it is able to start again
I took off the converter and pretty much everything connected to it because my first guess was a clogged converter.
it does need an 02 sensor never replaced that.
Now here's what I've already done to it
replaced spark plugs twice
replaced wires
replaced pick up module
replaced distributor cap and rotor button
replaced the ignition coil
replaced the idle air control valve
and recently changed the oil.
when I take the spark plugs out they smell like gas
I can here my fuel pump kick on when I half turn the key.
now when my car was running alright to say. It would not idle at all
I had to drive with my foot on the pedal the hole time to keep it from stalling.

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure then check for cam being out of timebecause of a jumped chain

Thank you my car seems to lack the veci label and my book does not tell me what the timing is supposed to be set at 6, 8, or 10? And its 220K miles I messed that up haha

Fluidx19
Also I found out my map sensor was disconnected for a couple of days could that have messed up the computer and possibly be why its backfiring?

Fluidx19
If the map is dsconnected by vacuum then it probably woldn't start if just the electrical plug then it would start but not go into closed loop. What engine is in this heap?

Its a 3.1 what does heap mean?

Fluidx19
Like a pile of junk lol
check for timing chain slipped

Lol okay I will but I still cant find the timing number its supposed to be on

Fluidx19
Well check the compression if you find a couple of cylinders low it may be the chain went out of time