PONTIAC FIREBIRD GAS PROBLEM

1992 Pontiac Firebird • 142,763 miles

On my 92 firebird with a 3.1 I was driving down the. Road and the car just stalled. I thought I might of ran out of gas so I went and got gas. The car stays running for about 2 minutes and then dies out. At times it just cranks and cranks bit won't start. If I pump the gas it starts right up. But then dies off if I go to accelerate. Can some one please help me diagnose this problem. Please thank u
Davebeardsley

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure first fp should be 41-47 psi

There are no codes. My check engine never came on. I ran through a tsunami puddle and the first thought that came to mind was my distributor cap got wet. But it was dry. And then it acted like it was out of gas so I put gas in it. And it drove about a quarter mile and then shut off. After that quarter mile drive and it dies it starts for about aproximitly 2 minutes and then dies.

Davebeardsley
Do what I said in first reply

Will do. Thank u.

Davebeardsley
I am not able to test fuel pressure cause the car will not start. Any ideas.

Davebeardsley
You only need to turn t hekey on to test fuell pressure it doesn't have to run

Thats what I thought. Them I have mo fuel pressure.

Davebeardsley
And usually I can hear my fuel pump. But not this time.

Davebeardsley
Then check your fuse and relay if popoweri s going to pump then the pump is shot. Relay is item 3 in pic

Do u know how many ohms the relay should be pushing. I checked the fuses and they all looked good.

Davebeardsley
Page 1 of 2