WHY IS MY CAR MAKING A LOUD DINGING NOISE?

1992 Honda Accord • 20,000 miles

I have a 1992 Honda Accord 4d sedan that I just recently purchased. It seemed to run perfect until I took it on the free way. It was holding up fine, but once I hit 70mph the car began to make a loud ticking noise. I parked the Accord and let it run, the noise was still dinging. I pushed the gas, and the dinging got faster and louder. What is this noise? What can I do?
Eddieuel

Check the oil. Check the coolant. Make sure neither are mixed together and both are at the proper level. Check the timing and condition of the plugs, cap, rotor, and wires. Replace anything in bad condition.

Rivermikerat
I went to jiffy lube and had them do the oil. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor appear to be fine. The knocking noise has worsened, I'm taking it in to a mechanic tomorrow. I believe it may be the valves, or the pistons, but I dont know how to tell.

Eddieuel
You can use a piece of hose to help localize the noise.

Rivermikerat