FORD TAURUS PROBLEM

1992 Ford Taurus • 140 miles

1992 taurus. Damn geniuses.I broke the key off in the ignition. My wife liked it with the key broke n. Itz her car. Im drivin it 2day, az itry to fire it up the ign. When turned to start. Nuthin. Just to get home I ended up inserting broken half of key into where it made a weak connection with half already in there after a few attemptz and gettin squat. Igot it 2 fire. Got home and came to the only legit site for motor vechilez . Period. You people are the very best of the best. You 2 put the rest of these sitez to shame and I am truly grateful for your help. Im broke till 2 morow. Need a freebie. How do I get the key out of ing. With out calling l-smith. Or buying a new ign?"? Again thanx for your time and. Soultionz

Cmzannn

Mix up a tiny dab of epoxy to put on the end of the part of the key you have in your hand. Cut two thin strips of paper to place alongside the key. The paper will prevent the glue from squishing sideways and gluing the key to the cylinder. Put just enough glue on the key to do the job. If you use too much, the glue will ooze out the top and bottom and might stick to the tumblers. Slide the strips of paper in first alongside the stuck part of the key, then slide the key in.

Hold the key in position with tape or a rubber band until the glue cures, then just pull it out.