CHEVROLET VAN FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1992 Chevrolet Van • 20,456 miles

I have a 1992 chev van 20 it have gas at the injector but it wont spary I change the E. CM and check the fuse and change the distributor and the fuel pump relay but still nothing
Foguie mckinnie

Are you missing anything besides injector spray? Engine cranking, do you have spark at the plugs? Any applicable trouble codes? Use a gage and check proper fuel pressure. Did you check for voltage and ground at the injector/s? If computer doesn't see rpm signal, it won't pulse the injectors.

The fuel pump psi is good 50 to 60 psi it have voltage at the injector but no ground I have spark at plugs it will start if I put gas in the t body

Foguie mckinnie
Hi, if you have tbi fuel injection that pressure is way too high. For tbi fuel injection, the fuel pressure should be around 10 psi.

I have a 1990 chevy van that did that to me and it was the oil psi sending unit. Come to find out the computer checks for oil psi for 2 milasecions before it will let gas to the injectors.

Eour60
The op switches I've seen, on gm, are just a redundant power supply to the pump. The circuit is parallel to fuel pump relay. If the fuel pump relay is functional, the op switch can't kill the vehicle.