JUST PUT A NEW TRANSMISSION IN A CHEVY PICK UP AND IT IS STILL SLIPPING...

1992 Chevrolet Truck • 19,000 miles

Transmission still slips after putting a brand new one in. It's not my car it's boyfriends he doesn't write english so I am doing this. He put it in himself and can't figure out out why it still slip.H
HELP.
Latinlady

Did he change the torque converter, and flush the lines and cooler?

Merlin2021
Oops sorry its 190,000 miles on it.

Latinlady
@merlin wats that a torque converter? He said he did not flush lines.

Latinlady
He said the torque is new. Is it too late to flush lines and cooler.

Latinlady
The converter bolts to the flywheel, MUST be replaced with transmission, cooler and lines flushed or contamination of new unit can and probably will happen.

Merlin2021
@ Merlin so since he does have new torque converter but did not flush that would be y it is slipping? Is it too late too flush now?

Latinlady
@Merlin I pushed flag for review I think that was a bad thing I thought it would flag u to answer my questions. Oops I didn't kno wat it was. Sorry.

Latinlady
As far as flushing goes, since it has been driven, is hard to say, won't hurt to flush it. I am guessing all shift solenoids are new? Next step is to read any codes. Then try disconnecting the negative battery cable for A few minutes. Ask hubby if it could be an engine lag rather than the transmission slipping?

Merlin2021
What do u mean by read the codes? He solenoids r new. By disconnecting battery cable what does that do. He says it shouldn't be engine.I appreciate ur help.

Latinlady
Is the service engine light on? Fuel delivery problems can feel like shift problems.

Merlin2021
Page 1 of 2