THE HARMONIC BALENCER WONT SPIN

1992 Chevrolet Truck • 218,000 miles

Me and my friend took apart my 350 5.7 chevy motor aprt to replace most gaskets. We got it all back together and now the harmonic balencer wont spin. My friend was thinking maybe we tightend the rockers down to tight. He said we didnt mess with anything that would keep it from spinning
NathanialHubner

Something is locking it up. Most likely a tight bearing. Remove the pan and re check your bearings.

Okay. Is that all that may be stopping it from turning?

NathanialHubner
It is a start. There may be more but you need to get the pan off and make sure there is nothing else wrong. Did you have the pistons out?

No we left them alone. But my buddy did pull the cam out a little bit to cheack and make sure it looked good and had no scratches or dings on it

NathanialHubner
Did you remove the lifters too?

No we also left them alone he pulled them up so they wasnt down when he pulled the cam out a bit

NathanialHubner
This may be the area you may want to check. The lifters need to be removed completely to remove the cam.

Okay. And I Have not yet adjusted the rockers. I need to get a feeler guage and adjust and set the valve clearence from the rockers. Could that also be what it is?

NathanialHubner
If they are hydraulic, no. You set them to zero lash and tighten 1/2 turn.

No they are not hydraulic. So that may be why?

NathanialHubner