NEED TO KNOW THE TECHNICAL NAME FOR THE BUSHING THAT JOINS THE STEERING COLUMN TO THE GEAR BOX SO I CAN ORDER ONE

1992 Chevrolet Caprice

Hey guys I have a general knowledge question on a 1992 Chevy caprice there is a dampner or bushing that goes at the bottom end of the steering column where it joins the top of the gear box. I belive its purpose is to keep the two knuckles from binding together. I am a 10 year ASE certified mechanic an I have no idea what you call that piece so I can order one. Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Mikederouin88

I would call it a steering coupler or intermediate shaft.

Are you familiar with the piece I'm talking about? I have seen it a thousand times bit never replaced one. If so maybe you could help verify my diagnoses.

Mikederouin88
Your talking about the joint that connects the steering column to the steering box?

Yes under the plastic cover that clamps to the pressure line. The knuckles for the column and gear box are oppositely positioned and the "bushing" I believe is there to prevent them from locking together.

Mikederouin88
I finally found it! On dormans web site, its not a vehicle specific part it universal. It's called a steering coupling disk kit. Thanks a million I would have never found it without your help. The word coupler was all I needed !

Mikederouin88
Your welcome thats what were here.