CHEVROLET CAPRICE EXHAUST PROBLEM

1992 Chevrolet Caprice • 165,000 miles

Im interested in buying a 1992 chevy caprice classic 305 v8 has 165,000 kms the lady is 86 yrs old all she said was wrong with car was when driving it would have a hard time going faster then 35 km/h could this be something major wrong? A few friends told me it could be something simple such as a clogged fuel filter? Or can this be something majorly wrong with tranny and if so are they expensive for a caprice?I need to know asap thanks
Kevinloken

Could be a fuel filter and pick-up sock in fuel tank is clogged-up, exhaust system is restricted and transmission slipping-Dunno about prices it varies with location-check with tranny shops-

Thank u very much ill have to drive the 2 hrs and get car to a mechanic and see what they say is there anyways of my just trying car in any gear to tell if tranny is slipping? Or exhaust restricted sorry for dumb question lol

Kevinloken
Make sure the engine is fully warmed-up and then check transmission fluid level if okay put shift gear in all gears a couple times and then attempt to move it-won't move have it further checked out-