CAR PROBLEM

1992 Buick Roadmaster • V8 •

I HAVE AN 1992 BUICK ROADMASTER IT TAKES A WHILE TO GET IT STARTED BUT WHEN I DO IT SOUNDS LIKE IT CANNOT BREATH AND SPUTTING FROM TAIL PIPE WHAT COULD IT BE EVERYTHING ON THE CAR ALMOST BRANNEW WHAT COULD IT BE
ALJONES23

How long since a tune-up? Any applicable trouble codes? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. With TBI fuel system, you have to tee the gage into the supply line.

I wanna say I had one when the motor was replace and that was like a year ago what else could it be other than a tuneup

ALJONES23
Check fuel pressure. With TBI around 10 psi. What about the trouble codes? You can check mil codes yourself. You place a jumper wire between A & B terminals at the datalink connector, turn key just till dash lites come on, no further, no crank. The mil starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes. You need to do a little testing, otherwise, I'm not sure how to help?

Ok I change the wires and plugs I can get it to crank but it want stay idle on its own

ALJONES23
With idle issues, you start by cleaning the throttle-body and check Iac. What about trouble codes and fuel pressure?

I forgot to mention some things it takes bout a min before im able to get it started and when it starts I have to keep gasing it it seems like it wants to shut of when I mash down on the gas like it cant breath or sumthang and the car want run on its on son im not able to get the codes and my check engine light not on I really dont know to much bout getting codes but my buddy to me it needs to be running to be able to get the code and what too do I need to get the codes and to check gas pressure

ALJONES23
My earlier post, I told you how to get the codes. The vehicle should not be running. The diagram shows location of A & B terminals at data link connector. To check fuel pressure, you take fuel supply line loose from throttle-body, tee in fuel pressure gage for TBI system. Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a TBI fuel pressure gage. I know they have a gage to fit schrader valve, not sure about TBI, you can ask.

My code is 12

ALJONES23
That means diagnostic mode, any other codes. What about fuel pressure? With TBI, I've seen injector spray patterns that looked good to me, but the fuel pressure was half of what it should have been.

What do you mean by diagnostic mode and that was the only code and I havent got the tool yet to check the fuel pressure

ALJONES23
Page 1 of 2