BUICK LESABRE TERMINAL PROBLEM

1992 Buick Lesabre • 233,000 miles

While installing my car stereo system myself, or more like after finishing installing it, I put the battery terminals back on, and noticed when I tried to remove negative terminal again, my socket set striped the screw.(Screw in type on the side of battery, not top) Anyone know a way I can get screw off, so I can replace with new one? Its stuck on there now. Also, if I need to make a repair before this is fixed, and need to remove terminals again, whats the risk I face if I remove positive terminal 1st, due to negative being striped? Although, I feel it may be best to get the negative terminal problem fixed 1st.(Yes I am new to this, and learning) Help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks to whomever will reply on this post. Also, in the engine bay, what color is the horn relay? When I purchased car, they where hangling, and not in place. Repair manual does not give color, only placement. Furturemore, my car did not come with its owner's manual, nor repair manual. So, I bought one. Its from Chilton.
Gvsdaworld

LET'S TRY SOME VISE GRIPS ON THE "FAT" PORTION OF THE STUD--JUST BEHIND THE STRIPPED HEX PORTION

MY PIC SHOWS ME GRASPING A TORX BIT----I THINK YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN----YOU WANT THE VISE-GRIP PLIERS TO BE REALLY SNUG ON IT, BEFORE YOU SQUEEZE THE HANDLES TO LOCK ON

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU COME OUT

Ok, thanks CJ MEDEVAC. I shall try the vise grips. Hopefully this works. I'll try to get a new screw, to replace the stripped one. Thanks again, I shall repost when done Tuesday.

Gvsdaworld
CJ MEDEVAC, thanks for the help! With barely any effort, locked the vise grip pliers around the screw head, turned, and BAM! Unscrew it went. Bought new screws, changed it, and screwed it in no problem. Thanks again. Glade there's still good people in the world.

Gvsdaworld
VERY GOOD!

NOW YOU NEED TO GO TRADE THAT PUPPY FOR SOMETHING REAL

.........A JEEP CJ OR WRANGLER!

SEE HOW EZ IT IS TO OWN AND REPAIR ONE IN HERE. THE CJ 7 FORUM OR THE CJ 5 FORUM

http://www.2carpros.com/makes/jeep/cj7

LET ME KNOW WHAT COLOR YOU GET