VOLVO 740 GAS PROBLEM

1991 Volvo 740 • 200,000 miles

Car would idle extremely rough upon start up until I hit the gas, shortly after acted like it wanted to die upon putting in gear at first start up. That same day I would not start after I let it sit for about 20 min after driving. Started up a couple days later, had to turn up my idle to keep running. Sometimes it would only start with starter fluid, but once started it drove wonderful until turned off and had to turn up my idle to keep running. Sometimes it would only start with starter fluid, but once started it drove wonderful until turned off and would not start. Changed the fuel pump, filter ( Regina ), and spark plugs, noticed I miss after, and at first would start but after about 5 to 10 min while in idle it sounded as if it was running out of gas and then would die. Eventually it would only start with starter fluid, and will not stay running if I take my foot of the gas. Please help!': (
Blitzballing

Scan for codesa and check your fuel pressure it may be a fuel pump. Clean tthrottle plate with choke cleaner on both sides.

I have put a new fuel filter and pump in the car. I can't find anyone with a scanner that old to check the code. There is spark, and fuel.

Blitzballing
Then check compression and check for being out of time.

All arrows line up on the pulley and belt, it does feel like a lack of pressure while applying starter fluid until you rev it up, take your foot off the gas then it dies

Blitzballing
Chekc your vacuum at idle if 15" or below suspect a clogged converter. Fuel pressure shold be 42 psi engine off and relay bypassed.

Car will no longer idle as of yesterday only will stay running if I keep my foot on the gas

Blitzballing